Discover and Identify your Why
Imagine going to your mailbox, opening it up and seeing a paycheck. You open the envelope and look at the dollar amount; that number gives you feeling of accomplishment and deep satisfaction. You really feel like your business is successful.
What is that number for you? Hold that dollar amount in your mind. In what time frame would you like to achieve making that number? How would it feel to look at your check and see that dollar amount?
What would a successful business add to your life? Also think outside of business. How would you really like your life to look?
Discovering and identifying your “Why?” is the first thing you need to establish before you begin growing a business. Here are a few important questions you need to ask yourself:
- Why are you interested in another stream of income? This question can come with a lot of emotion for people. Money is just a tool we use to get things accomplished.
- What would you like to accomplish with it?
- What are you really passionate about that you currently cannot afford? Your “Why?” May start out being really practical, as in making an extra car payment or saving money for a vacation. Then, as your business grows, your “Why?” can expand.
- It is whatever is on your heart today, what s motivating you. Remember, you can always expand it as you reach higher levels of success and achieve some of your goals.
- Ultimately, your “Why?” may have little to do with money, but rather everything to do with a deeper longing in your heart.
Remember though, as long as we live on the earth, we still need to function in the world economy. So become very clear on why you would like to create a successful business. That “Why?” will keep you going when the going gets rough.
Write down your “Why?”
A powerful way to work with your “Why?” and your dreams for your life is to Create a Vision Board. Find a few photos and words that represent those things that you feel passionately about, those things that you desire in your life and your vision for your best self-emerging and display them in a spot where you will see them every day. I recommend pinning the photos and words on your board with stickpins so you can remove an item as soon as you meet the goal or vision and replace it with new ones. Take several photos your board and put them all over your home. It is imperative that you look at your dreams all day long.
In Love and Joy,