FACT: As health ambassadors, we need to model good health habits to our customers and business partners - including rest.
Rest is a very unknown word in network marketing. But the reality is adrenal gland exhaustion and insomnia are at epidemic proportions in America. As business owners, we must have a conscious choice to rest and relax every day. Good sleep is very important, as that’s when our immune systems regenerate!
Creating a peaceful environment before sleep is important. One of the things that has helped me a lot is turning off electronics and reading a good book before going to bed.
Diffuse essential oils in your bedroom and turn off electronics thirty minutes before bedtime should be your routine, as an overload of electronics can become an excitoxin to your brain.
Instead, try listen to relaxing music as a beautiful sleep aid!
Celebrate good health this February for national Heart Health Awareness month! Now is the perfect time to focus on supporting your cardiovascular and emotional health. Your heart will love you for it!
Your heart races when you feel excited, slows when you relax, and beats steady and strong when you feel safe and loved. It’s your constant companion and the drumbeat to your life. Did you know that if you live to be 100 years old, your heart will have beaten about 3,786,978,960 times? That’s nearly 4 billion heartbeats!
Obviously, your heart works hard to care for you, so it’s important that you care for it. Learn how you can improve your cardiovascular health and why keeping your heart healthy is so important!
Eye-opening statistics about your heart
Unfortunately, many people don’t realize that cardiovascular disease and stroke are major women’s health risks; but knowledge is powerand a critical part of healthy living! Consider the following:
Heart disease kills six times as many women as breast cancer every year, but data shows that women fear breast cancer more.
Heart health tips
Before you get carried away worrying about the state of your heart, remember that there are lots of ways to care for yourself. Try these tips to help you better manage your cardiovascular health and show your heart some love!
Here are some of Young Living’s best products designed for optimal health support.
Even when you work hard to care for your heart, you don’t always make the best decisions every single day. Supplement your heart-healthy choices with CardioGize™, a naturally derived supplement formulated to support healthy heart function and blood circulation.*
This supplement includes astragalus, dong quai, motherwort, and hawthorn berry, which have all been used traditionally to support the cardiovascular system. Plus, the deodorized garlic and CoQ10 in CardioGize also promote healthy circulation and have antioxidant properties.
The NingXia Red Combo Pack is the best of both worlds: two full-sized 750-ml bottles and a 30-pack of 2-oz. singles. Premium NingXia Red ingredients include juices and extracts from superfruits such as aronia, plus a whole-fruit puree of exotic wolfberries. The Orange, Yuzu, Lemon, and Tangerine essential oils in NingXia Red contain d limonene, which is a powerful wellness promoting constituent. NingXia Red benefits include support for energy levels, eye health and cellular function, as well as helping prevent against oxidative stress.
OmegaGize³ combines the power of three core daily supplements-omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D-3, and CoQ10 (ubiquinone). These supplements combine with our proprietary enhancement essential oil blend to create an omega-3, DHA-rich fish oil supplement that may support general wellness. Formulated to support general wellness, OmegaGize3TM offers special support for normal brain, heart, eye, and joint health.Each serving of OmegaGize3 delivers 40 mg of premium CoQ10, replenishing vital organs with the substance vital for energy production.
“The fewer steps between the garden and the table ensure maximum nutrition and deliciousness.” (From my book, Eating Out Of Heaven’s Garden)
It’s that time of year to start spicing things up…literally! you might want to begin thinking about your yard and garden. Growing a garden allows you to connect with nature as you nourish your body and revitalize your mind. It’s that time of year to start spicing things up…literally! As winter winds up its last couple weeks, you might want to begin thinking about your yard and garden. Essential oils are an amazing alternative to toxic pesticides and insecticides and can benefit your garden in many ways. Here are some tips and tricks for taking care of your garden this year the natural way!
Companion gardening is a fascinating art that involves caring for your plants with ones that are complementary to them, resulting in overall protection. The scents from one plant help deter problematic pests of another! Essential oils can also help build strength for your plants by encouraging growth, increasing their yield and even enhancing fragrances or flavors of their flowers, fruit and vegetables. Just as basil and tomato compliment one anothers' flavors when cooked in a pasta, the flavor of tomato plants will be enhanced before even picked off the plant if they are watered with basil essential oil mixed in the watering can!
Thyme and lavender are marvelous at protecting all vegetables in your patch, and again, plant them near the vegetables or use their oil in the watering can.
Thyme Vitality is excellent for encouraging growth for vegetables in your garden, especially strawberries, eggplants and cabbage.
Basil Vitality is a great companion plant for tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, beets, asparagus, and potatoes. Also for rose bushes!
Sage Vitality is a great companions for broccoli, carrots, and lettuce when applied near the root systems.
Adding a few drops of German Chamomile to a water-spray adds a pleasant aromatic undertone for plants such as growth for onions, cucumbers and carrots.
Lavender Vitality, Coriander Vitality and Orange Vitality essential oils have sweet fragrances that are effective for pest control in gardens because they attract hover flies and important pollinator insects, such as honey bees and butterflies, at the same time! Since pollination is facilitated by way of scent, spray your flowers and leaves with a combination of these oils mixed with water for plants that will thrive.
Many insects, such as ladybugs, praying mantis, parasitic wasps and hover flies are actually very beneficial to your garden because they feed on the bugs that can destroy your crops. To attract these beneficial predator insects, spray your plants every 3 days with a mixture of water, 10 drops of German Chamomile essential oil, and 10 drops of Dill, and 10 drops of Rosemary.
For cleaning greenhouse and garden tools, combine 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner and 2 cups of water in a glass spray bottle. Remember to always wipe tools down with clean cloths.
With Citronella essential oil, LavaDerm™ Cooling Mist, and Cool Azul™ Sports Gel, this collection gives you everything you need to spend your days working on your garden in the sunshine.
Young Living’s Fruit & Veggie Spray safely and effectively washes produce with the cleansing power of three exclusive essential oil blends—DiGize, Thieves, and Purification. Soak, rinse, and enjoy eating your fruits and vegetables as nature intended!
Your garden is your happy place, where you can go to relax and to feel serenity with the earth around you. Unwind with Abundance essential oil blend. Breathe in deeply its uplifting aroma, a combination of oils such as Orange and Ginger, which were used by ancient cultures to attract prosperity and magnify joy and peace.
Since the new year has just begun, many of us have personal goals that involve maintaining a healthier weight and better eating habits. To some, the "sugar struggle" is very real!
Lack of willpower isn’t the issue
Even if you have all the willpower in the world, you will most likely still experience withdrawal symptoms once you start to detox sugar from your diet. Sugar is actually physically addictive! According to Dr. Neal Barnard, founder of Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), sugar has an opiate-like substance that is released in your brain, which then triggers the release of dopamine aka the "pleasure hormone."
Don't feel discouraged! Essential oils can provide an aromatic experience that naturally helps curb unwanted food cravings. For those who are working toward slimming down to a healthier weight but struggle with cravings and appetite, try incorporating these vitality essential oils into your daily regime to support your goals.
1. Grapefruit Vitality The energizing, citrusy aroma of grapefruit has been known to decrease feelings of being hungry. Not only that - Grapefruit Vitality helps support a healthy metabolism when taken internally and paired with a healthy diet and exercise. Diffuse Grapefruit oil throughout the day or add 2–3 drops of Grapefruit Vitality oil to cold water for a delicious, refreshing drink that keeps you hydrated.
2. Cinnamon Bark Vitality When a sudden late night craving hits, or to prevent overeating before meals, try diffusing a few drops of Cinnamon Bark Vitality, or directly inhaling it straight out of the bottle. The aroma of cinnamon oil can potentially create feelings of being full. Taking Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil as a dietary supplement can also support healthy digestion and help maintain a healthy immune system. Try adding 1-2 drops of cinnamon bark vitality oil in a tea cup of warm water before you lay down for bed.
3. Peppermint Vitality Deeply breathing in the cool, invigorating scent of Peppermint oil right before eating is great for energizing and reducing cravings. As a dietary supplement, Peppermint Vitality oil can support healthy gut function and digestive efficiency. These benefits make it a great way to start your day or end a meal. Additionally, Peppermint Vitality oil as a dietary supplement may support exercise performance to help you have a great workout.
4. Bergamot Vitality The fresh, citrusy scent of Bergamot Vitality oil creates an uplifting aromatic experience, making it an excellent oil to diffuse in times of reducing appetite and preventing emotional eating. As a dietary supplement, Bergamot Vitality oil has a zesty flavor that compliments unsweetened baked goods. For those with a sweet tooth, liven-up healthier choices of desserts by adding 1-2 drops of Bergamot Vitality oil to Blue Agave natural sweetener and drizzling the mixture over sugar-free muffins and tarts.
5. Fennel Vitality Use Fennel Vitality oil for health and wellness support. Fennel Vitality is fantastic in post-meal tonics and teas for digestive support and can be taken with your daily dietary supplement to support a normal, healthy outlook. Add 1–2 drops to a cup of tea or warm glass of water after meals for digestive support.
6. Dill Vitality Dill essential oil is excellent for overcoming sugar cravings because it encourages the feeling of being full after a meal. Try adding a drop of Dill vitality to your salad dressing!
7. Slique Slique Essence combines grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, spearmint, and ocotea with stevia extract in a unique blend that supports healthy weight management goals. These ingredients work together to help control hunger, especially when used in conjunction with Slique Tea or the Slique Kit. The pleasant citrus combination of grapefruit, tangerine, and lemon essential oils adds a flavorful and uplifting element to any day with the added support of spearmint that may help with digestion.* Ocotea essential oil adds an irresistible, cinnamon-like aroma to help control hunger, while stevia adds an all-natural sweetener that provides a pleasant taste with no added calories.
DIY Roller Recipe: Make a "Sugar Fighter" roller blend with 7 drops of Dill oil, 7 drops of Grapefruit oil, and 7 drops of Peppermint oil. Then fill the bottle with your carrier oil of choice and roll the blend on your wrists throughout the day.
In Love and Joy, Teri Secrest
Speak to someone about essential oils LIVE. Book Now:
The first thing a person must do should they want to achieve success in their business is overcome their own mindset of poverty or any mindset of lack that they have grown up with. I was very fortunate to come from a family of entrepreneurs. But if you did not come from a family like this, just remember that "Your history is not your destiny!"
As a woman of faith, my experience is that God deeply cares about our financial health.
Allow me to share one of my favorite verses on this subject:
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospers. III John 1:2
Let's examine all three parts of this verse. Not only does God care about our physical health, He cares about our financial health and the health of our soul. Many scholars define the soul to include the mind, will, and emotions. The word, "even" is an important word here because it shows the importance of our soul prospering right alongside our health and our finances.
If we choose to develop our soul, which includes our character, alongside of our physical and financial health, then we are more inclined to handle finances well. But if we gain financial wealth before our character develops, we see many examples in the world of people who do not handle abundance well.
Over the years, I've noticed that many good, hard working people feel guilty about receiving money for their services. Some feel it's their calling to help others and that receiving money for it is wrong.
Does your doctor or dentist feel bad about cashing their paychecks? Of course not. They have done a service for people and they feel that they have earned it.
So why would a business owner feel guilty about earning money for earnestly helping someone enjoy optimal health? It makes no sense, especially in the light of number of hours that dedicated wellness messengers put into their passion for helping people. To not receive the financial blessing associated with your efforts is, in my opinion, rejecting God's economy. This verse from I Timothy 5:18 drives the point home:
The laborer is worthy of his wages. I Tim 5:18
Money has never been the root of all evil, rather the love of money is the root of all evil. How sad that this verse has continually been taken out of context. Spend time developing a healthy mindset about money.
Our ability to accept and enjoy abundance is closely tied to the way we see ourselves. I learned the Law of the Lid from John Maxwell.
Ask yourself this question - How do you see yourself achieving abundance and success on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest?
My number is _______
Here is how the Law of the Lid works: If you see yourself as a seven, for example, you have put an invisible lid on your success that will prevent you from exceeding that level.
Now ask yourself how you can change your self-perception in order to go beyond the number you chose. Consider both your skills and self image. Pray about how you may bring that number up!
As a woman of faith, I sincerely believe that God sees you as a ten! What will it take to see yourself as a ten?