Pumpkin Muffins with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
I would love to share one of my favorite seasonal recipes from my book, "Eating out of Heaven's Garden." These pumpkin muffins are a special treat during the fall and winter, and are perfect for family members and friends visiting for the holidays. Give them a try! They are very moist and this essential oil friendly recipe makes a huge batch! Children and grandchildren will love them! You can enjoy fresh muffins all week. This batter stores beautifully for several days in the fridge. Just scoop out what you need, and bake. Get the kids involved and make these a family tradition this year.
Pumpkin Muffin Ingredients:
3 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon or 1/2 drop Young Living Vitality Cinnamon essential oil
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger or 1/2 drop Young Living Vitality Ginger essential oil
1/2 tsp allspice
2 tsp salt
2 cups pumpkin puree
2 cups pure maple syrup
1 cup safflower oil
2/3 cup water
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup raisins
2-3 carrots, finely grated
Pumpkin Muffins (2 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Oil or grease muffin cups.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Make a “well” in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour all the wet ingredients into it. Mix well.
- Add nuts, raisins, and carrots. Mix well.
- Pour batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Delicious served hot with a little real butter on them. Or better yet, frost them with my Honey Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. Children don’t even miss the taste of the unhealthy sugary frostings because this creamy frosting is VERY satisfying! People are amazed at how easy it is to make and how delicious it is without being sickeningly sweet.
Honey Cream Cheese Frosting:
32 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
1 cup raw honey (a light-colored honey works best for this frosting)
- Whip all ingredients with food processor or hand mixer until smooth. Cream cheese and butter must be softened if you’re going to use a hand mixer.
- Spread on cooled cake just before serving.
In Love and Joy,
P.S Eating Out of Heaven's Garden is available in e-book as well as in a full-color spiral bound book. CLICK HERE to learn more